Current Affairs Quiz - 8 (01st December, 2018)
- Which is the most cloned animal in the world?
- Name the scientist who claimed creation of the first genetically edited babies “paused” editing due to worldwide criticism.
- Who recently announced setting up of a $72 million journalism institute?
- Who was recently pardoned and released by UAE from a spying conviction?
- The name of Sri Lanka’s top military officer who was arrested for harbouring a suspect in a case of disappearance of 11 men.
~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~
- Argentinian polo ponies.
- He Jiankui, an Associate Professor, Southern University of Science and Techology, Shenzhen.
- Judith Nelson, an Australian billionaire, who wants the institute committed to “the pursuit of truth”. She said the Sydney based institute would “celebrate and encourage quality journalism in Australia and the world”.
- Mathew Hedges.
- Chief of Defense Staff Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne who evaded arrest. All the 11 men are believed to be subsequently murdered.