Man, 2 sons electrocuted to death in UP
Uttar Pradesh

Man, 2 sons electrocuted to death in UP

Agency News

Mirzapur, Jul 8 : A local Panchayat member and his two sons were killed while his wife sustained critical injuries when an 11,000 volt current spread in their house in the Lalganj area of this district in Uttar Pradesh, police sources said on Monday.

According to sources, Om Prakash Maurya (55), a resident of Dhanawal village was a Panchayat member of the area in Madihan block. The district witnessed heavy rainfall on Sunday. Mr Maurya was sleeping along with his family in his house when the transformer situated outside the house suddenly caught fire at around 0200 hrs which sparked current in their house.

Shiv Pujan (30), the eldest son of Mr Maurya started cutting the electricity of the house through the stabilizer but came in contact with the current. Vijay Prakash (23), the younger son and Om Prakash also came in contact with the current in an attempt to save Shiv Pujan. All three of them were killed on the spot due to electrocution, while Mr Maurya's wife also received burn injuries after coming in contact with the current.

Upon receiving information from the locals, police reached the spot and sent the bodies for post-mortem. Notably, eight people have died in the past 48 hours due to electrocution in the district. (UNI)