Ballia, Jul 6 : Two people were electrocuted to death in separate areas of this district in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
Police sources here said Babban Yadav (55), a resident of Ratsi Mehmanpur village in the Pakdi area, had entered into a water filled farm to get back his buffalo which had ventured there. As the man was pulling it out, the bovine started rubbing its head on an electric pole on the side of the farm during which he came into contact with a live wire.
In an attempt to save the buffalo, Babban also came in contact with the wire and both were killed on the spot.
In a separate incident at the Bhikhachhapra village of the Bairiya area, Akhilesh Verma (22), who was on his way to his farm on a cycle, came in contact with a live wire which was hanging and was burnt. He was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
The bodies have been sent for post-mortem. (UNI)