Nine cows, two bulls electrocuted in Etah cow shelter
Uttar Pradesh

Nine cows, two bulls electrocuted in Etah cow shelter

Etah, UP, Nov 8: Nine cows and two bulls were electrocuted after electricity passed in water tank in cow shelter home at National Highway-91, sources said here on Thursday.

According to sources, water tank in cow shelter home at NH 91 came in contact with high power electric line with lighting on Diwali resulting death of nine cows and two bulls late on Wednesday night. There was no worker at the time in the shelter home.

Taking serious note on matter district magistrate I P Pandey has ordered a magisterial probe headed by joint magistrate Mahendra Singh Tanwar. He said if required FIR will be launched in the matter against the culprits and astringent actions would be taken.

However Sharda Vashishth, social worker, working for cow protection said that it was case of negligence of duty and ignorance of responsibility. She said that atleast some workers should be present whole time to take care of bovines living there. Stringent actions must be taken against the culprits, she demanded.

Meanwhile deceased bovines were buried near the shelter home. Locals and cow lovers raised voice against shelter administration about the incident. (UNI)