- Only high crimes and misdemeanors can lead to impeachment. No crimes by me.
__ DonaLd Trump, US President
- ….”Too early to talk about President Putin congratulating Mr. Zelensky (Volodymyr Zelensky, new President of Ukraine, who played as President on TV), or about the possibility of working together”.
__ Dmitry Peshkov, Kremlin spokesman
- The core values of this nation…our standing in the world…our very democracy…everything that has made America ---America is at stake. That’s why today I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States.
__ Joe Biden
- I hope you have the intelligence, long in doubt, to wage a successful campaign.
__ Donald Trump, US President to Joe Biden
- We agreed to create a joint rapid reaction force at the borders for combating terrorism.
__ Hassan Rouhani, Iranian President after talks with visiting Prime Minister of Pakistan Imran Khan.
- I know Iran has suffered from terrorism (perpetrated) by groups operating from Pakistan. We (need to) have trust in each other that both countries will not allow any terrorist activity from their soil. We hope this will build confidence between us.
__ Imran Khan, Pakistan Prime Minister while addressing a joint press conference with Iranian President Hassan Rouhani at the end of his two day trip (April 21-22) to Tehran.
- Prime Minister’s (Imran Khan’s) statement is against the national security as for the first time he has admitted the use of (the country) for terrorism in Iran…. No prime minister has ever made such a confession. ..(a day earlier) the foreign minister had stated that terrorists had entered from Iran to carry out activities in Baluchistan…..Pakistan is exposed internationally by such statements.
__ Khurrum Dastigir, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader, during a discussion on Khan’s visit to Iran in National Assembly, Pakistan.
- We are worried for the country after seeing it continually become a laughing stock.
__ Hina Rabbani Khan, Pakistan Peoples’ Party legislator and former foreign minister
- What do we have then? Have kept our nuclear bomb for Diwali, he asked, while affirming that India had the capability to launch nuclear attacks, from land, air and sea.
__ Narendra Modi, Prime Minister
- If India’s nuke isn’t for Diwali, Pak’s nuke is not for Eid either.
__ Mehbooba Mufti, former J&K chief minister
- Do you want an MP who failed to bring any development in this constituency for the past many years or an MP who will strengthen the hand of the prime minister? Do you want Wayanad to become a guinea pig in the hands of failed MP?
__ Nirmala Sitharaman, Union Defence Minister
- In terms of personal decency, values, ethics and integrity the present Chief Justice of India is extremely well regarded. Even when critics disagree with his judicial view, his value system has never been questioned.
__ Arun Jaitley, Union Finance Minister
- It will be better if it (debate) takes place in a gaushala , to find out whether the cow is with him or me. But tell Yogi (Adityanath) ji that rishtey mein main unka bap lagta hun.
__ Salman Khurshid, Congress leader and former Union cabinet minister
- The BJP’s main agenda is lies, violence and hooliganism.
__ Naveen Patnaik, Orissa chief minister
- The objectionable thing is that Smritiji Irani ji came here and distributed shoes. She thought that she is insulting Rahul ji but she has insulted the people of Amethi. You should teach them that people of Amethi and Rae Bareli respect themselves and will not beg in front of anyone. They should come to you and beg for votes.
__ Priyanka Vadra, General Secretary, Indian National Congress
- Mamta Didi sends me sweets and Kurtas.
__ Narendra Modi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Will send Modi sweets made of soil and put pebbles in it.
__ Mamta Bannerjee, West Bengal chief minister
- Modi and Shah are Duryodhana and Dushasana of political Mahabharat.
__ Sitaram Yechuri, CPIM General Secretary
- If there is anything for me to applaud for this far in this election, it is the decision made by two political parties which have selected over 33% women candidates – Mamta Bannerjee’s Trinamool Congress (41% for 42 Lok Sabha seats) and Naveen Patnaik’s Biju Janata Dal (33% for 21 Lok Sabha seats). After years of patriarchy or at best lip service, these parties have taken a vital step towards empowering women politically.
__ Navin B. Chawla, a former Chief Election Commissioner and the author of ‘Every Vote Counts’
- I am firm on my commitment I gave on Saturday that I was involved in the demolition of Babri Masjid structure. I will go to Ayodhya to build Ram temple. Lord Ram is my Adarsh (Ideal) and nobody can stop me from going there to construct a grand temple.
__ BJP candidate Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, undeterred by the Election Commission notice on her Babri Masjid Statement.
- Yes, it hurts. Any martyr, police or army, must get all respect. These utterances are not good.
__ Lt. Gen. D.S. Hooda (Retd.) who oversaw the cross border surgical strikes in September 2016.
- We must invest 2% of our GDP in science, technology (S&T) and research. We have to up our investments in basic research, applied research and translational research. America has increased its focus on S&T, Brazil spends 2.5% of its GDP and Russia spends upwards of 2%.
__ Kiran Mazumdar Shah, CMD, Biocon
- During my school days as well as college days there was only one night train from Kerala to Bangalore. Even now there is only one night train, even as the number of travellers from Kerala to Bangalore has increased multifold. This clearly shows an illegal nexus between politicians, bureaucrats and bus owners.
__ Kochouseph Chittilappilly, Businessman
Awake, awake great ones! The world is burning with misery. Can you help?
__ SWAMI VIVEKANANDA