- A country that produces and sells weapons has on its conscience the death of every child and the destruction of each family.
__ Pope Francis blaming Europe and America for the deaths of children in Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan saying that wealthy Western countries fuel conflicts by selling weapons in war zones.
- Too bad that the EU is being so tough on the United Kingdom and Brexit.
__ Donald Trump, US President
- Miitary deployments in the Arctic are intended to protect national interests.
__ Sergev Lavrov, Russian foreign minister
- We deeply regret what happened and the suffering caused……….It’s a shameful scar on Britain’s colonial history.
__Teresa May, British Prime Minister on the 110th anniversary of Jalianwallah Bagh massacre in Amritsar
- Perhaps if the BJP – a right wing party – wins some kind of settlement on Kashmir could be reached. This is despite the massive alienation that Muslims were facing….If the next Indian government was led by Indian government it might not risk settling the Kashmir issue with Pakistan, fearing a backlash from the right(in India).
__ Imran Khan, Pakistan prime minister
- I want to tell the first-time voters: Can your first vote be dedicated to the Veer Jawans (Valiant Soldiers) who carried the air strike in Pakistan. Can your first vote be dedicated to the Veer Shaheed (Brave Martyrs) of Pulwama(terror attack).
__ Narendra Modi, Indian Prime Minister
- I hope the first-time voters ask Modi why Balakote became necessary in the first place. Why did Pulwama attack succeed? On whose watch have attacks in Uri, Pathankote, Sanjawan…happened? Don’t reward Balakote, punish Pulwama!
__ Omar Abdullah, National Conference leader
- The Chowkhidar is not only chor but also a coward. As he talks about corruption I told the Chowkhidar debate with me. He does not have the guts and fled away. He fled away because then Rafale……Rs.30,000 crore to Anil Ambani will also be discussed. I had asked him why an aircraft worth Rs.526 crore was bought for Rs.1600 crore….and he ran away…..
__ Rahul Gandhi, Congress President
- The order of the Supreme Court in the Rafale Review Petition case is a huge rebuff to the central government which raised the specious plea of “stolen documents”. We demand the resignation of Defence and Law ministers who authored the plea of stolen documents…..A JPC probe is the only way to find the wrongdoers. After May 23, when the Congress will return to power, we will order it.
__ P. Chidambaram, former union finance minister
- There is an anti-Modi wave coupled with a strong cyclone against the ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu. There is an upsurge among the people who have rallied and united as a force to remove the BJP-led Centre and the AIADMK regime led by chief minister, Edapadi K. Palaniswami.
__ M.K. Stalin, DMK President
- Instead of selecting one of the constituencies in Karnataka, Rahul chose Wayanad which is 50 km away from the neighbouring state. It seems that Rahul has lost his way to Karnataka.
__ Prakash Karat, CPIM Politbureau member
- Anti-BJP votes deleted all across India. Reports coming from all across India that votes have been deleted on an unprecedented scale. Why are all faulty EVM machines seem to be voting always for the BJP.
__ Arvind Kehriwal, AAP chief in a Tweet
- Amit Shah has insulted the people of Wayanad. He said that meetings held in Wayanad looked like as if they were held in Pakistan. Does he know anything about Wayanad, the role it played in fighting the British during the freedom struggle and how Pazhasi Raja with the help of Kuruchiya tribes people led the struggle….Only those who have participated in the freedom struggle will have an understanding on such historical facts.
__ Pinarayi Vijayan, Chief Minister of Kerala
- This is a huge day in astrophysics. We’re seeing the unseeable.
__ France Curdova, Director National Science Foundation on the first image ever made of a black whole.
- Specific microbes in indoor spaces on Earth have been shown to impact human health. This is even more important for astronauts during spaceflight as they have altered immunity and do not have access to the sophisticated medical interventions available on Earth……In light of possible future long-duration missions, it is important to identify the types of micro organisms that can accumulate in the unique closed environments associated with spaceflight, how long they survive and the impact on human health and spacecraft infrastructure.
__ Kasturi Venkateswaran, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratary on International Space Stations crawling with earth-based bacteria.