- BJP has never regarded those who disagree with us politically as “enemies”, but only as our adversaries. Similarly, in our conception of Indian nationalism, we have never regarded those who disagree with us politically as “anti-national”…….Defense of democracy and democratic traditions, both within the party and the larger national setting, has been the proud hallmark of the BJP.”
__ L.K. Advani, former President of the BJP and former Dy. Prime Minister.
- Advani ji perfectly sums up the true essence of the BJP, most notably the guiding mantra of “Nation First, Party Next, Self Last.” Proud to be a BJP karyakartha and proud that greats like Advaniji have strengthened it.
__ Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
- The anti-national tag is suffocating for every Indian. Once you speak against the supreme power Narendra Modi the anti-national term is christened.
__ Assaduddin Owaisi, MIM President
- Narendra Modiji is talking of Hinduism, but look at what he has done to his own guru: L.K. Advani. He not only insulted Mr. Advani but also thrashed him with shoes and shooed him away from the BJP stage. Is this what Hindu religion teaches? Is this what Hindu philosophy is about?
__ Rahul Gandhi, Congress President
- Rahulji – Advaniji is our father figure. Your words have hurt us deeply. Please try to maintain some decorum of your speech.
__ Sushma Swaraj, Union Minister of External Affairs
- The democracy in the party (BJP) has slowly turned into dictatorship and it has become a one man show and two men army.
__ Shatrughan Sinha, Actor
- BJP is trying to show that no party can defeat them. I can remember only two brothers out of 100 Kaurava brothers. Duryodhan and Dushwashan. There are two names we can remember from the largest party.
__ Sitaram Yechury, General Secretary, Communist Party of India (Marxist)
- In 1971, Indira Gandhi gave Pakistan a bloody nose. At that time, Atal Behari Vajpayee ji praised her on the floor of the House. If he can praise Indiraji for defeating Pakistan, why can’t we praise Modi ji for teaching Pakistan a lesson?
__ Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- Today we are being taught new definition of patriotism while those not accepting diversity are being called patriots.
__ Sonia Gandhi, Senior Congress leader
- The country attained freedom in 1947 after hundreds of years. But we also saw the country’s unfortunate division on the eve of independence. It was the Muslim League which caused the division. Today (4th April), Rahul Gandhi has filed nomination papers from a seat in Kerala where he has a secret agenda with the Muslim League, the same organization which was at the root of the country’s division.
__ Yogi Aditya Nath, UP chief minister
- My brother, my truest friend, and by far the most courageous man I know. Take care of him Wayanad, he won’t let you down.
__ Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, AICC General Secretary
- The BJP uses India’s state machinery for party propaganda in ways that have never happened before and ignoring the fact that necessary evils, too, are evil. All that the EC does is to go through the motions of action. Those who are asked to explain know that the EC is under the same compulsions as they are. This is an unfamiliar India, becoming all too familiar.
__ T.J.S. George, Veteran journalist and author
- Law has become a business. Healthcare has become a business. Unfortunately politics has also become business. That really undermines society.
__ George Soros, American philanthropist
- If Mexico does not stop migrants, the borders are going to be closed, 100 per cent.
__ Donald Trump, US President
- Our approach to these discussions (Brexit) with Labour is that we have no red lines….We are expecting to exchange more texts with the Labour Party (April6), so this is an ongoing process and I expect we will reach some form of agreement.
__ Philip Hammond, British Finance Minister
- Before threatening us with war India should know the whole world is standing with Pakistan because we have to return them their money.
__ Naila Inayat, Freelance journalist from Pakistan
- All debris generated from A-Sat test on March 27 will decay in 45 days, and there is no possibility of its adversely impacting the International Space Station…..The high risk ten day period spoken about by NASA has ended today (6th April).
__ G. Satheesh Reddy, DRDO Chief
- None of the 79 dams in Kerala were operated or used for the purpose of flood control/moderation, despite the obligation to utilize dams for the purpose of flood control/moderation also as per stipulations under National Water Policy, NDMA [National Disaster Management Authority] Guidelines on Floods, RTIOR [Real Time Integrated Operation of Reservoirs by Central Water Commission] and other similar directives.
__ Jacob P Alex, Amicus curiae and advocate
When the religion and politics ride in the same cart, the whirlwind follows.
__ Frank Herbert, US author