- Strongly condemn the terrorist attack in Pulwama, J&K. Thoughts and prayers with the families of martyrs and wishing an early recovery to those injured. The entire nation stands united in the fight against the forces of terror and evil.
__ Ram Nath Kovind, President of India
- Attack on CRPF personnel in Pulwama is despicable. I strongly condemn this dastardly attack. The sacrifices of our brave security personnel shall not be in vain. The entire nation stands shoulder to shoulder with the families of the brave martyrs. May the injured recover quickly.
__ Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
- I want to make it very clear that the aim of terrorism is to divide this country and we are not going to be divided for one second. No matter how hard people try, this country and the entire Opposition are going to stand together, we are going to stand with our jawans and we are going to stand with our government.
__ Rahul Gandhi, Congress President
- I told Ajit Doval (Indian NSA) today (Feb. 16) that we support India’s right to self defense. I have spoken to him twice, including this morning and expressed the US’ condolences over the terrorists attack….. Pakistan must crack down on JeM and all terrorists operating from its territory. Countries should uphold UNSC responsibilities to deny safe haven and support for terrorists.
__ John Bolton, US National Security Adviser
- We are one because we are diverse….I want to share with you some truths that I have internalized during my fifty year long public life. The soul of India resides in pluralism and tolerance.
__ Pranab Mukherjee, Former President of India
- I think that there is quite good chance that we will have a recession late this year or next year. …The main concern has always been that we don’t have an effective response if things slow down…We don’t seem to have a safety net.
__ Paul Krugman, Nobel Prize-Winning Economist
- Not worth talking to the U S, must be careful with the Europeans.
__ Ayatollah All Khamenei, Iranian Spiritual Leader
- I have had a dream, a dream to transform quality of our democracy…I would like to see more and more men and women elected as legislators and parliamentarians with a national outlook and four virtues of character, calibre, capacity and conduct. We the people should not follow the vicious factors of cash, caste, community and criminality to vitiate the political system. Only then our largest democracy becomes the best in the world.
__ Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India
- Despite the PAC recommendation, Ministry of Finance had not devised a suitable mechanism as a result of which, during 2017-18 in cases across 13 grants there was excess expenditure over total authorization aggregating to Rs.1,156.80 Cr without obtaining approval of Parliament.
__ CAG Report
- Governments at the centre and states must always contain and defuse any situation where the end result might lead to fratricide between its own Army, paramilitary and police forces.
__ Shankar Roychowdhury, a former Chief of Army Staff and a former Member of Parliament
- Once the report is approved by the commission, it is known as a final report. You cannot say it has to be approved by the government. You accept it or reject it. But the government cannot approve the statistics. It raises certain questions of credibility.
__ P.C. Mohanan, former Chairman of the National Statistical Commission (NSC)
PLEASURE FROM THE SENSES SEEMS LIKE NECTAR AT FIRST, BUT IT IS BITTER AS POISON IN THE END .
___ KRISHNA, THE BHAGVD GITA