- Church has been “wounded” by a deepening clergy sex abuse crisis.
__ Pope Francis
- The intelligence people seem to be extremely passive and naïve when it comes to the dangers of Iran…Perhaps intelligence should go back to school.
__ President Donald Trump
- India’s strength is that it’s the biggest democracy in the world. Our democracies are based on free press, free expression, independent courts, strong institutions, rule of law. The question is where do you want to be. You want to be up here. You want to fight corruption? You want transparency? Honesty? Or you want to be down here, with (Russian President Vladmir) Putins and (Philippines President Rodrigo) Dutertes. And I think India has this golden opportunity to say strongly that yes, we are the largest democracy in the world. That’s what makes us stand out.
__ David Cameron, the former conservative Prime Minister of the UK
- BJP policies during (Narendra) Modi’s first term have deepened communal tensions in some BJP governed states, and Hindu nationalist State leaders might view a Hindu-nationalist campaign as a signal to incite low level violence to animate their supporters. Increasing communal clashes could alienate Indian Muslims and allow Islamist terrorist groups in India to expand their influence.
__ Dan Coats, Director of National Intelligence, US in a statement titled Worldwide Threat Assessment of US Intelligence Community before Senate’s Select Committee on Intelligence.
- Our neo-middle class is rising and so are their dreams. Interim budget is a thriller for what will take India towards prosperity after polls. Budget will empower the poor, give boost to the farmer and an impetus to economic growth.
__ Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Interim Budget 2019-20
- Dear Nomo, 5 years of your incompetence and arrogance has destroyed the lives of our farmers. Giving them Rs.17 a day is an insult to everything they stand and work for. Surgical strike will happen on Modi and his government on issues like Rafale deal, jobs and Demonetization during the general elections.
__ Congress President, Rahul Gandhi
- It’s an election budget. Concessions to farmers and middle class will have implications in the elections.
__ Former prime minister Dr. Manmohan Singh
- We mourn the death of the National Statistical Commission and remember with gratitude its valiant fight to release untainted GDP data and employment data. May the NSC rest in peace until it is reborn again.
__ P. Chidambaram, former finance minister, on the Centre’s dismissal of back series data drafted by the NSC and subsequent resignation by two members of the NSC.
- Since @narendramodi has given a Maximum Income Guarantee to fifteen of his close friends@incindia will give a Minimum Income Guarantee to all the poor people of India. #swagithamRahulGandhiw.
__ Shashi Tharoor
- Tata has always been synonymous with trust and leadership and these brand attributes are even more important to all our stakeholders today. The recognition of the strength of our brand will encourage us to drive our businesses in a socially responsible manner globally while continuing to strive for excellence through innovation and entrepreneurship.
__ N. Chandrashekharan, Chairman, Tata Sons
- I reiterate that none of the credit decisions at the Bank (ICICI) are unilateral….the organization, design and structure obviate the possibility of conflict of interest.
__ Chanda Kochhar, former ICICI Bank MD and CEO
- The best way to learn how to make hundreds is to make hundreds.
__ Justin Langer, Australian Coach
One has to take sides for the Truth and stand against the forces that attack it…… Hatred and vitl ill-will have to be rejected. But loyalty and refusal to compromise with the assailants….these things have a great importance.