- India’s pluralism is its greatest strength and its greatest example to the world. The ‘Indian model’ rests on a tripod of diversity, democracy and development. We cannot choose one above the other, we must have all three, and we will have all three.
__ President Ram Nath Kovind
- As we look for new answers in the modern age, I for one prefer the tried and tested recipes, like speaking well of each other and respecting different points of view; coming together to seek out the common ground and never losing sight of the bigger picture.
- The reason Sarah Sanders (US President’s chief spokeswoman) does not go the ‘podium’ much anymore is that the press covers her very rudely & inaccurately in particular certain members of the Press…..I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence the term, Fake News!
__US President Donald Trump
- I am very happy that my sister Priyanka will assist me in Uttar Pradesh in the Lok Sabha polls. She is very capable. ……We won’t play on the back foot, we will play on the front foot, be it Gujarat or UP.
__ Congress President Rahul Gandhi after appointing Priyanka Gandhi as General Secretary: Eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Democratic culture and values run in BJP’s blood, unlike many cases where family is the party.
__ Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- It is only the fear of Mr. Narendra Modi’s popularity and come back that is bringing them (the opposition parties) together. The popular, decisive and dynamic leader of the present set of politicians. His integrity, emphasis on ethics, decisiveness, growth oriented politics has made aspirational India accept him.
__ Union Minister Arun Jaitley
- We benefit tremendously from business of scale, there are benefits of efficiency at large corporations and consumers are gaining in a big way from low prices. We all know nothing is free, so it needs to be known who is paying for it when consumer gets it free. The concern is not so much about today, but about tomorrow. We need to think whether these benefits from scale would continue for the consumers, more than being about too big to manage, it is about too big to control. Our corporations are becoming too big to control for our political systems.
__Former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Modi government hides official, scientific data that shows how Ganga got polluted in the past five years. Fudge Data, No Data, Hide Data.
__ CPIM General Secretary Sitaram Yechuri
- The political class now is not unduly worried about the nuances of the Constitution. And the high priests do not care. I am only reminded of Robert Bork’s statement – the question now is not how to read the Constitution, but whether to read it. We live in an era of “constitutional morality” and sealed cover jurisprudence. God save Indian democracy.
__ Former Supreme Court Judge Justice J. Chelameswar
- It has been an amazing year. I was able to play in a manner that I would not have imagined. If the intention is right and you keep working hard, the results are there in front of your own eyes. The intent has always to help your team at any cost. That is when these performances come by and you are pushing yourself to the limit, which you otherwise will not be able to. That is something what I experienced a lot in 2018.
__ Indian Cricket Captain Virat Kohli
IF YOU WANT PEACE OF MIND, DO NOT FIND FAULT WITH OTHERS. RATHER SEE YOUR OWN FAULTS.
__ S. Sarada Devi