- ..It’s normal for spouses to fight. It’d be strange if they didn’t. Do it, but so that the children don’t hear it or see it.
__ Pope Francis
- Some people mistakenly conclude that cultivating compassion is all about other’s benefit, whereas the first benefit is to us. Compassion brings us peace of mind.
__ Dalai Lama
- I meet with every leader individually. I meet with Modi. I meet with Abe. Nobody says anything. I meet with Putin, they make a big deal.
__ President Trump, reacting to Washington Post report that Donald Trump covered up details of meet with Putin.
- My government helped create crores of employment opportunities.
__ Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- Compulsive contrarians had no qualms about manufacturing falsehood…..They could concoct arguments even if they went against the general interest of the country.
__ Finance Minister Arun Jaitley
- In the “war” within our Parliament, the Government and the Opposition have viciously clashed on just about every issue, and have often stopped just short of coming to blows. The raucous political cacophony has overshadowed one of the real crisis that is facing the country – the parlous state of the IAF and the immediate necessity to staunch the haemorrhaging numbers of its fighter squadrons.
__ Shankar Roychowdhury, a former chief of staff and a former Member of Parliament
- Pinarayi is considered the strong man of politics, but there is no sign of his strength benefitting the state. He cannot even control the faction-ridden police force despite repeated reshuffling of top officers. Congress is in Trishanku Swarga, not knowing who is its leader and who is not. In the melee, the BJP has outshouted others and matched communist murder politics with its own.
__T.J.S. George, Veteran journalist and author
- Some people are so insensible and anti-social in their deeds. They can dispose off the waste anywhere else, without causing inconvenience to the public, but they choose to throw it in the middle of the road. Such people need to be stringently dealt with.
__ Kochouseph Chittilappilly, businessman
- A government that denies its people the freedom to speak and communicate freely is essentially “violent” and India, that way has been, a “50-50 democracy”.
__ Ramachandra Guha
- Marriage to an extent is a solution to the sexual assaults by priests. Even if one does not have self control, at least the institution will ensure that the person stays within the limits.
__ Sister Jesme
Every experience is a lesson, every loss is a gain
__Satya Sai Baba