- What is more likely if this deal (Brexit) is rejected is that we have the risk of Brexit paralysis and when that happens no one knows what might happen and the big risk, and what people worry about, is that we don’t actually deliver what people voted for.
_ UK foreign secretary Jeremy Hunt
- Endless wars fought out of judgment mistakes that were made many years ago will come to a glorious end.
_ US President Donald Trump
- The continuance of Shri Alok Verma as Director, CBI, is not appropriate and it is not in the interest of the integrity and reputation of the CBI…Some of the allegations require further detailed investigation, which will not be possible with him (Verma) heading the same organization.
_ CVC Report
- Natural justice was scuttled, and the entire process was turned upside down in ensuring that the undersigned is removed from the post of Director CBI. The Selection Committee did not consider the fact that the entire CVC report is premised on charges alluded by a complainant (Rakesh Asthana) who is presently under investigation by the CBI.
_ Former CBI Director Alok Verma in his resignation letter
- Among the research issues that I would like to push, one would be understanding the role of dominant currencies like the dollar in international trade and finance. We could do more on the empirical side to try to understand countries’ dollar exposures and on the theoretical side in terms of the implications for international spillovers, consequences of dollar shortages, etc.
_ Gita Gopinath, First woman chief economist, IMF
- Caste in India was considered a key determinant of either social or historical oppression as in the case of the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes or a determinant of social and educational backwardness as in the case of other backward classes…..Poverty however is a secular criteria and it cuts across communities and religions…..Poverty as a criteria …….does not in any way contravene the basic structure of the Constitution.
_ Finance minister Arun Jaitley
- The Army is conservative. We are a family. We are not westernized neither modernized….We will not allow these (gay sex and adultery).
_ General Bipin Rawat, Indian Army chief
- I like to watch and observe how they (women) move. I am a little from the Black side so I need to see how they move. ……………….When I lost my virginity, I came home and said maine karke aaya hai aaj (I did it today)…………..At a party my parents asked me, acha tera wala kaunsa hai (which are your women?) I said yeh, yeh, yeh (pointing out women) and they were like waah proud of you beta.
_ Cricketer Hardik Pandya on Koffee with Karan
- Replying to a question from Karan Johar “If you all hit on the same women, then how do you decide?”
_ Cricketer KL. Rahul said, “Upto the woman.”
Hardik said, “Nahi, Nahi aisa kuch nahi hai, talent pe hota hai. Jis ko mila woh leke jao. (Nothing like that it’s about talent, whoever gets them, takes them”
- From the Indian Cricket Team point of view any inappropriate comments that are made in that scenario are something that we definitely do not support and that has been communicated (to the two players)….We definitely don’t align with those views and they are purely individual views.
_ Team India Captain Virat Kohli
- We don’t talk about all this even with your friends and they were talking on public television. Now people might think was Harbhajan Singh like this, was Anil Kumble like this and was Sachin Tendulkar……..Pandya has been in the team for how long to talk of the team culture in the manner he did….The BCCI did the right thing and this is also the way forward. This was expected and I am not surprised.
_ Ace spinner Harbhajan Singh
- I don’t think people should read too much into his (Hardik) comments. It was an entertainment show and his comments were made in a light hearted manner…..He was only looking to entertain the audience. So it should not be viewed very seriously or negatively. He is an innocent boy with a very fun loving nature.
_ Himanshu Pandya father of Hardik
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
_ Gautama Buddha