- “To those who abuse minors I would say this: convert and hand yourself over to human justice, and prepare for human justice.”
- “The Church will never seek to hush up or not take seriously any lapse.”
- “Let it be clear that before these abominations the Church will spare no effort to do all that is necessary to bring to justice whosoever has committed such crimes.”
_ Pope Francis in his annual address to the Church’s governing Curia at Vatican.
- “My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion on these issues.”
- “Because you have the right to have a secretary of defense whose views are better aligned with yours, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”
_ Jim Mattis in his resignation letter to President Trump over the latter’s orders to a complete troop pullout from Syria and a significant withdrawal from Afghanistan.
- “Converting India into a police state isn’t going to solve your problems, Modi Ji. It’s only going to prove to 1 billion Indians what an insecure dictator you really are.”
_ Rahul Gandhi, Congress President, on “interception” of data notification by the Centre.
- “Not anyone can intercept phones or computer instrument…(It can be done) only in case related to national security, public order, integrity of India.……..The authorization was given under 2009 rules. The opposition was playing with national security and making a mountain where even a molehill does not exist.”
_ Arun Jaitley, Union Finance Minister.
- “Opposition’s PM candidate could be discussed only after LS elections.”
_ Mamata Banerjee, West Bengal chief minister.
- “No more Pappu, Rahul now Pappa; Congress chief has evolved as a mature leader.”
_ Ramdas Athale,Leader of the Republican Party of India.
- “No one is in a position to dictate to the Chinese people what should or should not be done.”
_ Xi Jinping, Chinese President.
- “Individual’s success should be based on capability and commitment.”
_ Ratan Tata, Tata Trusts Chairman .
- “We do an analysis of the past numbers and the conclusion was that in the last two pre-election years, sales always fell. In election years sales always go up substantially. So we have to see next year.”
_ R.C. Bhargava, cairman, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
- “The educated people of Kerala are still not open enough to the noble culture of after death organ donation, mostly due to misconceptions and propaganda regarding the determination of brain death. People are not aware that the govt. has set up a foolproof mechanism to do so. More awareness creation and openness to accept this noble charity are the need of the hour.
_ Kochouseph Chittilappilly,Industrialist.