- If a Bench of the Supreme Court speaks in two different voices, one saying Constitutional morality will permit the entry of women and the other one which says it is prohibited because of Constitutional morality then it becomes a very dangerous weapon. Court should be very careful while interfering in religious beliefs…..Otherwise, our first Prime Minister Pandit Nehru’s fear that the Supreme Court will become the third chamber might be true”.
__ K.K. Venugopal, Attorney General of India
- Pakistan is attempting to revive militancy in Punjab and thus everyone should be wary of all of its overtures, no matter how grand they may appear to be…The opening of the Kartarpur corridor was clearly a game plan of the ISI.
__Captain Amarinder Singh, Punjab chief minister
- I think we would have had significantly better outcomes if we had just thought about simple things. If you are taking out Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes, why would you introduce Rs.2000 notes……..I believe that the SME sector has taken a significant amount of pain. Getting credit for them is tough even now.
__Uday Kotak, Executive Vice Chairman and Managing Director of Kotak Mahindra Bank
- As an economist, I think there are some puzzles (new back series GDP data) there are some issues that need to be explained. Since there are things that need to be explained, we should, just to create confidence and eliminate any uncertainty or doubts, I think we should have experts who can investigate this thoroughly and give their answers.
__Arvind Subramaniam, former Chief Economic Adviser
- The Government is not just a stake holder it also runs the economy and the country and manages major policy decisions. There has to be free, fair, objective and frank discussions between the government and RBI.
__Shaktikanta Das, new Governor of Reserve Bank of India
- Wonderful news pouring in from #Elections2018. In the memorable words of @arunjaitley, “Great day for India. No one who cheats India will go scot free”.
- Great day for India. No one who cheats India will go scot free. The judgment of UK’s court is welcome. An offender benefited during the UPA and NDA brings him to book.
__Arun Jaitley on UK court ordering Malllya’s extradition
- Progressive opening of financial capital flows in the last decade has greatly increased India’s vulnerability to external shocks and RBI cannot be seen as lacking necessary reserves to defend the rupee.
__Aravind Panagariya, Professor of Economics at Columbia University
- If we label everyone who is in financial trouble as fraudsters, the economy will not progress.
__Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister
- Going by his (Rahul Gandhi’s) metamorphosis in just one year, the BHP will be committing a political hara-kiri by dismissing him as a”Pappu”. Now “Pappu” can not only dance, but make others dance too.
__Surendra Kumar, a retired Indian diplomat