pennews
www.pennews.net
2 die of asphyxiation in Cuddalore
Tamil Nadu

2 die of asphyxiation in Cuddalore

Agency News

Chennai, Aug 5 : Two workers died of asphyxiation after they inhaled a poisonous gas while removing a slab in a newly-constructed septic tank at a house at Periyakangana Kuppam near Cuddalore, about 160 km from here, on Monday.

Police sources said the deceased were identified as Manickam (40) and Rajkumar (38). The house owner has been constructing a septic tank in his house and the work has been on for the last couple of days. In the meanwhile, the tank was closed for nearly a month. When the victims opened the tank and entered in to remove a slab, they inhaled a poisonous gas which has formed inside.

First Manickam entered into the tank. As there was no response from him, Rajkumar also went into the tank and both of them fell unconscious. Police and fire service personnel rushed to the spot and removed the bodies to Cuddalore Government Hospital for autopsy.Police have registered a case and are questioning the house owner. (UNI)