- A vote is a great way to make the people’s voice heard.
__ Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India
- The (British) prime minister’s Brexit plan is dead.
__ Jeremy Corbyn, Leader of the Labour Party in UK.
- This US administration looks a lot like Barack Obama than Ronald Reagan.
__ Dick Cheney, former US Vice President
- We will bring harmony in the country so that everyone, including Tamils, feels that India is for everybody.
__ Rahul Gandhi, Congress President
- Your greatest weapon is awareness about realities facing the country, your vote is your weapon. Use it, after due consideration and due discretion. Ensure that it does not hurt anyone.
__ Priyanka Gandhi, General Secretary (Eastern UP), All India Congress Committee
- Recent surveys have shown that there is no significant change (in BJP vote share) in Gujarat, Rajasthan, Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh….and we are not there, BSP is not there……Congress should focus on these states….The Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party have joined hands in UP and the Congress must respect this alliance because this alliance will stop the BJP.
__ Akhilesh Yadav, Leader of Samajwadi Party
- It is being made clear again that Bahujan Samaj Party will not have any electoral alliance with the Congress in any state.
__ Mayawati, Bahujan Samajwadi Party chief
- I strongly feel that there has to be a dialogue process internally as well as externally, with Pakistan. The situation is going to get worse if some kind of political process is not initiated on the ground now.
__ Mehbooba Mufti, former chief minister of Jammu and Kashmir and PDP chief
- I am very pleased to come on board with the Delhi Capitals. Having known the Jindals and the JSW group (owners of Delhi team) for years. I am now excited to be a part of their latest sports venture. I am really looking forward to working with the players and the support staff.
__ Saurav Ganguly, after joining the Delhi Capitals team as advisor. He will work alongside the team’s head coach Ricky Ponting to plan Delhi’s success.
- I hope that they (BCCI) don’t take 90 days to arrive at a decision. I have waited enough….six years……to get back on to the cricket field.
__ S. Sreeshanth, former cricketer
- This is a Supreme Court order and obviously a call needs to be taken. I am confident that the issue will come up for serious deliberations at next CoA (Committee of Administrators) meeting.
__ C. K. Khanna, Acting President, BCCI
- The BJP government has been focusing on a partisan agenda to transform the basic democratic structure of the Indian polity. Its trump card has been the personality of the prime minister. There is no one in India today to rival his energy, his oratory and his non-stop campaigning style. He also has a capacity to attract sycophancy.
__ T.J. S. George, veteran journalist and author