The Antony Commission's enquiry report on the allegation against Saseendran when he was Transport Minister was submitted to the Chief Minister on Wednesday. The report which is kept confidential is learnt to have found him not guilty. Saseendran had to resign when he was trapped by a news channel in a phone conversation with a lady reporter when he was minister. He was reported to have had talked to the lady reporter with sexual undertones. The channel had repeatedly aired the controversial conversation between the Minister and the lady reporter. The incident led to the arrest of the channel CEO and the Minister immediately resigned.
The enquiry commission in its report is understood to have recommended action against the channel for having aired obscene conversation. Neither the channel reporter with whom the Minister talked or its CEO had appeared before the commission of enquiry. Details of the report are yet to be available to media.
NCP state president T.P.Peethambaran meanwhile said that decks were cleared for re-induction of Saseendran into the cabinet. Saseendran only said he was quite optimistic always about everything. However he did not confirm or contradict speculation that he would be back in the cabinet. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan is tight lipped on the commission's report and its aftermath. But the ex CPM state secretary said it was for NCP to suggest whether Saseendran should again be their nominee in the cabinet.
It was following Saseendran's resignation that Thomas Chandy who resigned last week was sworn in as Minister. After Chandy's exit. the NCP with only two MLAs has no representative in the cabinet.