New Delhi, Mar 13 :The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Friday confirmed that the remaining two ODIs between India and South Africa in Lucknow and Kolkata has been cancelled due to impact of COVID-19 pandemic. The rain played spoilsport in the first ODI in Dharamsala which ended without a ball bowled.
Meanwhile, the remaining two matches which was to be played in Lucknow on March 15 and at Kolkata on March 18 behind closed doors has been called off by BCCI due to rising cases of coronavirus. "Cricket South Africa will visit India at a later date to play three ODIs. The BCCI-CSA will jointly work out the revised schedule," the BCCI release said.
Earlier, in the day IPL 2020 was postponed till April 15, as a precautionary measure against the ongoing novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. "The BCCI is concerned and sensitive about all its stakeholders, and public health in general, and it is taking all necessary steps to ensure that, all people related to IPL including fans have a safe cricketing experience," the board had said in its release.
"The BCCI will work closely with the Government of India along with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and all other relevant Central and State Government departments in this regard." According to the WHO, the novel coronavirus has affected 118 nations so far. Around 120,000 people have been affected by the virus with over 4,300 deaths across the globe. In India, 81 people have been affected by the virus. (UNI)