pennews
www.pennews.net
 Mohammad Shahzad suspended for a year
Sports

Mohammad Shahzad suspended for a year

Agency News

New Delhi, Aug 19 : The Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) on Monday suspended wicketkeeper-batsman Mohammad Shahzad from all forms of cricket for one year for violating the board's code of conduct.

According to a statement released by the Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB), Shahzad repeatedly violated their code of conduct.

''Afghanistan Cricket Board’s discipline committee has suspended wicket-keeper batsman Mohammad Shahzad from participating in any form of Cricket for a period of one year after he was found in breach of ACB’s code of conduct for players repetitively,'' the ACB said in a statement.

''Shahzad has violated ACB’s disciplinary rules and regulations previously as well and has not adhered to ACB’s code of conduct for players. He has travelled out of the country several times violating ACB’s policy for players to seek its permission before doing so.

''ACB has well-equipped training and practice facilities within the country and Afghan players do not require to travel abroad for such purposes,'' the statement added.
Shahzad were in the headlines in recent times when he was sent back home from the World Cup because following a knee injury but told media in Kabul soon after that he was fit to play and hinted that the team just didn't want him with them.

"If they don't want me to play, I will quit cricket," he had said at the time.

Shahzad was one of the eleven cricketers to play in Afghanistan's first ever Test match, against India, in June 2018.(UNI)