pennews
www.pennews.net
JP Duminy announces retirement from ODIs after World Cup
Sports

JP Duminy announces retirement from ODIs after World Cup

Agency News

Pretoria, Mar 15 : South Africa all-rounder JP Duminy on Friday announced his retirement from one-day international cricket after the conclusion of the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019.

The World Cup is scheduled to begin from May 30 in England. Duminy has already taken retirement from Tests as well as first-class cricket. He will remain available for T20Is as of now.

'The last few months on the sidelines have given me an opportunity to re-assess my career going forward and to plot some goals I'd like to achieve in the future," Duminy said in a statement.

He added that he wants to spend more time with his family.

"While a decision like this is never easy, I also feel that it is the right time for me to pass on the baton. I will still be available to play international and domestic T20 cricket, but would also like to invest more time towards my growing family, who are my number one priority," he said.

Duminy has played 46 test matches for South Africa in which he scored 2,103 runs at an average of 32.85 with six hundred and eight fifties.

He has also featured in 193 ODIs so far for Proteas, in which he has scored 5,407 runs at an average of 37.39 and also took 68 wickets.

The upcoming World Cup will be Duminy's third and final one as he was a part of the South African squad in the 2011 and 2015 World Cups.

Earlier, another South Africa veteran, Imran Tahir had also revealed that the tournament in England will be his last outing in the 50-overs format for Proteas. (UNI)