ACA reduces higher denomination ticket prices for India Vs West Indies ODI in Vizag
Sports

ACA reduces higher denomination ticket prices for India Vs West Indies ODI in Vizag

Visakhapatnam,Oct 10: The Andhra Cricket Association (ACA) reduced higher denomination ticket prices for the India Vs West Indies ODI to be played at Dr YS Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA stadium under floodlights in Vizag por city on October 24 to attract the crowd.

It may recalled that BCCI has shifted the second ODI between India and West Indies, scheduled to be played on October 24 in Indore to Vizag city following the dispute over distribution of complimentary passes.

The ticket denomination for the ODI has been reduced from Rs 6,000 to Rs 4,000 while for Rs 3,500 ticket reduced to Rs 2,500 and Rs 2,500 denomination reduced to Rs 2,000. The remaining denomination tickets have been prices as Rs 1,800, Rs 1,200, Rs 750, Rs 500 and Rs 250.

The capacity of Vizag stadium is 27,500 and ACA decided to sale 90 per cent (24,000) tickets of the total capacity and will distribute 10 per cent (3,500 tickets) among affiliated units and others as complementary.

Chairman of Visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) MT Krishna Babu who is also chairman of the organising committee of the match said "ACA will vend ticket from October 15 and most of the tickets will be sold on www.eventsnow.com.

We are also planning to sale some (6,000) of tickets through ten offline counters at various places in Vizag city, he added. He said the players of the both teams will arrive here on October 22. Considering the lukewarm response for the higher denominations in few previous matches held in Vizag city, the ACA has reduced the ticket prices.

Secretary of ACA,Ch Arun Kumar expressed that ACA accepted to conduct the match and will be adhering to the new BCCI constitution that restricts the distribution of complimentary tickets to 10 per cent, making public sale of the rest 90 per cent mandatory.

The Vizag stadium has proved most lucky for Team India as India won most of the matches, he added. (UNI)