As on March 25, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) had tested 25,144 samples from 24,254 individuals.
ICMR has earmarked 118 government laboratories across the country to test samples for Covid-19. Of these, 92 are operational and 26 will become operational soon.
Besides the 116 government labs, ICMR has also given permission to six private labs to conduct tests for Covid-19. There are:
1. Gujarat: Unipath Specialty laboratory limited, Ahmedabad
2. Karnataka: Neuberg Anand Reference Laboratory, Bengaluru
3. Maharashtra: Thyrocare Mumbai
4. Maharashtra: Suburban Diagnostics Mumbai
5. Maharashtra: Metropolis Healthcare Ltd Mumbai
6. Sir HN Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai