Harsh Mander call to end Shaheen Bagh stir
National

Harsh Mander call to end Shaheen Bagh stir

Pennews

Researcher and activist, Mr. Harsh Mander, said on Friday that the protests at Shaheen Bagh should now be withdrawn and that the recent riots in the National Capital were a result of hate campaign against Muslims and the protests might have triggered it.

Mr. Mander, along with other activists, have said that the RSS has been using protests like Shaheen Bagh to initiate a hate campaign against and vilify Muslims across the nation.

This has come as a complete U-turn on Mr. Mander’s part after his earlier statement saying ‘Ab faisla sadkon par hoga’. In a video that had been put up on the social media, Mr. Mander had earlier been seen saying, 'From now on, the decision will not come from the Supreme Court or Parliament. We saw what the Supreme Court did in Ayodhya, NRC and Kashmir matters.'

'The SC has failed to honour secularism, equality and humanity. We will try fighting there too, but, the decision will not happen in neither Supreme court nor Parliament, it has to be made at the streets.'

In all 53 people have lost their lives in the iolence that took place in the North-East part of Delhi. According to media reports, out of the total 53, 44 deaths were reported from the Guru Tegh Bahadur (GTB) hospital, followed by 5 from the Ram Manohar Lohia (RML) hospital, 3 at the Lok Nayak (LNJP) hospital and one at the Jag Pravesh Chandra Hospital.

The violence first started on February 23 and lasted for several days.

pennews
www.pennews.net