Coronavirus: Chinese delegation to skip DefExpo
National

Coronavirus: Chinese delegation to skip DefExpo

Agency News

New Delhi, Feb 4 : Amidst deadly Coronavirus outbreak that has claimed over 400 lives in China, the Chinese delegation has cancelled their visit to 11th edition of the biennial mega defence exhibition, DefExpo 2020 in Lucknow.

The mega defence show will commence on February 5 and would conclude on February 9.

While briefing the media about the modalities of DefExpo 2020, Defence Secretary had last week said, “We are aware about coronavirus. We will have made necessary arrangements. We will follow the standard operating process. Screening will be done as part of the national efforts.”

The Defence Secretary had also said that the number of companies registered for participating in the DefExpo 2020, has reached 1,000. In the DefExpo 2018, held in Chennai, 702 companies had participated.

The number of participating foreign companies has also increased to 165 from the previous figure of 160. (UNI)

pennews
www.pennews.net