New Delhi, Nov 27 : Defence Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday asserted in the Lok Sabha that terror incidents in Jammu and Kashmir had come down and forces should be congratulated for that.
'As far as Kashmir is concerned, terror incidents have been taking place for the last 30-35 years. But I must compliment the forces. Terror incidents have now come down to almost nil (lag bhag na ke barabar),' he said while responding to a mention during Zero Hour.
Mr Singh said armed forces, para-military forces and local police should be congratulated for this.
He said, 'After the abrogation of Article 370, terror activities have come down to negligible but if an incident has occurred, we condemn it.' 'Don't worry, there is normalcy in Kashmir,' he maintained.
Congress member K Suresh said two people were killed and seven injured in blasts in Anantanag on Tuesday.
Last month, in separate incidents, five migrant labourers from Bengal and two truck drivers were killed by terrorists.
Mr Suresh also accused the government of misleading Parliament that normalcy has been restored in the state. Opposition members said normalcy has to be restored.
Last week, Union Home minister Amit Shah told the Rajya Sabha that Kashmir was back to normal and government offices and educational institutions were functioning fully. (UNI)