Congress
Congress
National

Cong condoles death of jawans in JK attack

Agency News

New Delhi, Feb 14: Strongly condemning the militant strike in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday morning that claimed lives of 30 security forces personnel in Pulwama, the Congress charged the Narendra Modi Government of being a mute spectator to the Pakistan sponsored attacks.

Lashing out at the Prime Minister Modi and the NDA Government in centre, Congress spokesperson Randeep Surjewala while speaking to media persons here said, this was the 18th big militant strike in the past 5 years under this Government and they have failed to respond.

'When will the 56-inch chest come upfront and reply?'

He said that Pakistan sponsored militants are continuously breaching borders and attacking people and important installations while PM is sitting as a mute spectator.

He said that ceasefire violations have taken place 5000 times and the government does not react in the way it should in response to such activities that pose a threat to national security.

'So far 448 jawans have been martyred in J&K alone while Pak sponsored terrorism has claimed around 280 civilian lives. Where is the Modi government defending the borders?', questioned Mr Surjewala.

He said that today's truth is that the country is facing un-provoked Pak sponsored terror attacks yet unfortunately the PM has faith in the Pakistan's ISI as he invited them to probe Pathankot attack.

After Uri this is the biggest attack on our soil, he said and questioned so as to why was PM mum.

The Congress leader further questioned as to what will PM do to prevent such attacks adding that the people of the country need to know as it was high time.

Replying to a question over Minister of State for Home, Kiren Rijiju who on Wednesday said that for the last 4.5 years there have been no major terror strikes other than Uri and Pathankot, Mr Surjewala said that the minister is very ill-informed and questioned whether he did not know that there have been repeated attacks on security installations and the number of ceasefire violations have doubled in twenty as per his colleague who replied in the parliament that ceasefire violations have doubled in 2018 compared to 2017.

Mr Surjewala further attacked the centre government saying that they live castles of their own making while failing utterly to tackle terrorism coming from across the border. (UNI)

pennews
www.pennews.net