pennews
www.pennews.net
Niti Aayog CEO ask farmers to use technology in farming
National

Niti Aayog CEO ask farmers to use technology in farming

Agency News

Ranchi, Nov 28 : Niti Aayog CEO Amitabh Kant today asked the farmers to use technology in farming and ensure better management of water resources if they want to better their earnings.

Addressing the Global Agriculture and Food Summit at Khelgaon here, he said unless the farmers work in these two areas things not to improve. He said, apart from agriculture the farmers need to work in the area of dairy and fisheries and also explore the area of organic farming.

Mr Kant heaped praise on the state government for turning around the scenario of the agriculture sector as the growth rate in agriculture which was negative at minus 4.5 per cent in 2013-14 has been turned positive to 14.5 per cent in 2017-18 while overall the sector has this year witnessed growth of 19 per cent which is a record in the eyes of the Niti Aayog.

He said, Government of India was working in many areas including health, education, social sectors, Make in India, Skill India but must impetus is on the agriculture sector as the government was committed to double the income of the farmers by 2022 and pointed the various schemes which have been started by the government for the welfare of the farmers.

Mr Kant said that the Jharkhand government had sent farmers to Israel to learn the modern techniques of agriculture and these farmers will now train others which would bring revolution in the agriculture sector.

The CEO also lauded the progress made by the state in fisheries which has been increased by 83 per cent which has not been reported by any other state including Kerala, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal.

He said, energy among the farmers of the state and political will and determination of the state government will ensure that income of the farmers will not only double but has all potential to increase by four times. (UNI)