Poisonous mushroom kills two children

Poisonous mushroom kills two children

Agency News

Shillong, May 7: Two children died and five others are seriously ill after consuming wild mushrooms in a remote village in Meghalaya, a health official said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred at Nongsynrang village in West Khasi Hills district on Monday after the family members consumed the cooked wild mushroom collected from a nearby forest. Wickly Iawphniaw (2) and Francis Iawphniaw (4) died while being taken to hospital.

The grandfather along with the mother is admitted in Nongstoin Civil Hospital for medical treatment. Three of their relatives escaped with minor illness as they just tasted the mushroom dish. (UNI)