Kolhapur, Jun 29 : A couple and its seventeen-year-old son committed suicide by consuming a poisonous chemical at Pallavi Lodge, in Vinus corner of the city.
They consumed the poison late Friday midnight owing to loss in business resulting in bankruptcy.
The condition of the boy is stated to be critical.According to Shahupuri police, a couple, identified as Vinod Ramakant Joshi(59), his wife Meena(50) and their son Shreyas(17), resident of Dattakrupa Building , opposite Lalbige hospital, Pirngut, of Mukshi tehsil in Pune district, were staying at Pallavi Lodge since June 24.
They told the lodge manager that they were leaving for Pune late Friday night, but their room's door was closed till late night.On suspicion, lodge waiter knocked on the door but on not receiving any response, lodge manager informed the police , who broke open the door and found Joshi couple in a dead state while their son Shreyas was in critical condition. Shreyas was immediately shifted to Chhatrapati Pramila Raje hospital.
Police found a suicide note in the room dated June 26 , in which the businessman had mentioned that he and his family were taking the extreme step as he sufferred huge losses in business and no one was to blame for this.Police are further investigating the incident. (UNI)