pennews
www.pennews.net
 Snakebite death of student: People up in arms against  callous management
Kerala

Snakebite death of student: People up in arms against  callous management

Agency News

Wayanad, Nov 22 :  It is too late now that people are up in arms agitating against the gross irresponsibility on the part of the officials concerned and managers of the Sarvodaya Vocational Higher Secondary School in Sulthan Bathery near here where a 10-year old teen girl student lost her life due to snakebite on Wednesday besides the district officials initiating swift action in rectifying the shortcomings of this school as well as others in the district.

The fact remains that everyone knew about the gross inadequacies of paraphernalia and other necessary and safe infrastructure of this school as well as hundreds of other schools but there were none to take up the issues and get them redressed.

Had the political and student organisations and related officials took up these issues sincerely and seriously never such an incident would have taken place.

A fifth-standard student of the school, Shehla Sherin was bitten by a poisonous snake inside the class on Wednesday evening and died at a private hospital. Shehla's parents had alleged that the school authorities did not rush her to the hospital soon after the snake bite. Many holes on the floor and wall of the classroom. Students is reported to have complained that they were not allowed to wear chappal inside the classroom.

Despite the fact that there was a delay on the part of the school authorities in taking the victim, Shehla Sherin, to the hospital and had the hospital authorities acted swiftly and sensibly, the girl would have survived the snakebite. (UNI)