Bengaluru, Apr 11: With the reporting of one more COVID-19 tested positive in Bengaluru urban district, the total number of coronavirus infested persons, in Karnataka was increased to 215 here on Saturday.
According to official sources, as many as five fresh cases of COVID-19 were reported from Mysuru, and two from Bengaluru urban district and the remaining one positive case for coronavirus infection was from Bidar. Among the eight fresh cases reported, included a woman, from Bidar and a 10-year-old boy, from Bengaluru urban district. Meanwhile, Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa, who had a video-conference with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, had reportedly favored the extension of the 21-day nation-wide lockdown, till the end of this month.
During his interaction with the Prime Minister, he had also brought to the notice about the measures taken by the state government in impeding the spread of the COVID-19 virus across the state, including clamping down the seal-down orders clamped in few places in Bengaluru city. After his interaction with the Prime Minister, he said "The State Government in compliance with the Union government's directive had taken several measures to tame the spread of the COVID-19 virus across the state".
The state government have also taken several initiative to protect the interests of the migrant labourers, disabled persons and people belonging to poorer sections and others, who were facing hardship over the nation-wide lockdown, he said. In Karnataka, as many as six persons have lost their lives to the dreaded disease, while 37 other patients, were cured and recovered so far. (UNI)