Ballari, Mar 26: Total death due to COVID-19 has risen to two in Karnataka with the labs confirming that the 75-year-old woman of Chikkaballapura has succumbed to the deadly virus, Minister for Health and Family Welfare B Sriramujlu said on Thursday.
Addressing a press conference here, he said the lab report was received this morning and it was confirmed that the woman died of Corona. Karnataka Additional Chief Secretary (Health and Family Welfare Department) Jawaid Akhtar also confirmed the same.
The woman, native of Gouribidanur, had returned from Mecca and died at Bowring Hospital, Bengaluru, at 1300 hrs on Wednesday. She also suffered from diabetes, heartburn and a hip fracture as well.
The first death was of a 76-year-old man from Kalaburagi on March 10 who had returned from Saudi Arabia.
So far, 52 people have been affected in the state.