DK Shivakumar who released from Tihar jail gets a heroic welcome

DK Shivakumar who released from Tihar jail gets a heroic welcome

Agency News

DK Shivakumar, popularly known as the trouble shooter of Congress, has got a heroic welcome in Bengaluru, his home city, when he comes back at 2.30 pm on Saturday from Delhi after his release from Tihar jail.

Thousands of Congress party workers and fans alike gathered to catch a glimpse of their beloved leader and gathered outside the Devanahalli Toll Plaza in Bengaluru from morning itself.

However, Shivakumar, who was in Delhi after his release from Tihar jail landed in Bengaluru city only at around 2.30 pm on Saturday.

DK Shivakumar's fans had brought in folk dancers and musicians to celebrate his arrival. Musicians thumped at their drums. Lyrics of popular sandalwood songs were tweaked to glorify DK Shivakumar.

A 20-ft apple garland weighing 100 kilos was brought in a huge truck at around 12 pm along with a crane to hold it up on Shivakumar's arrival at the toll plaza.

A truck was decked up with posters of Shivakumar and marigold garlands adorned the windshield for Shivakumar to travel in.

These grand gestures for DK Shivakumar are not new. Soon after his arrest in September, thousands of Congress workers and his fans had carried out a massive rally across all districts in the state accusing the BJP-ruled central government of indulging in vendetta politics.

DK Shivakumar has for long been glorified in Karnataka for his role of being the party's troubleshooter. Shivakumar courted controversy multiple times when he harboured Gujarat MLAs ahead of the Rajya Sabha elections. The Income Tax Department also conducted raids on his properties the day he flocked together the Gujarat MLAs in August 2017.

After a 50-day stint in New Delhi's Tihar jail for allegedly in money laundering case, DK Shivakumar got conditional bail from the Delhi High Court on October 23. The Enforcement Directorate had arrested DK Shivakumar on allegations of money laundering. Shivakumar was denied bail by the CBI Special court and had spent 50 days in judicial custody before being released on bail.