Dharwad, Mar 22: The death toll in the worst building tragedy in Karnataka when a four storey building under construction in the city on Tuesday mounted to 15 on Friday with rescue workers removing four more bodies from the debris of the building in the twin-city Dharwad-Hubli.
Over 100 rescue workers from NDRF and Karnataka Fire Services personnel continued the rescue work on the fourth day today and the fate of 12 more persons, mostly young girls who had visited a web centre in the complex, were not yet known, officials said.
So far over 65 persons have been rescued from the four storey building. While there were more than 60 shops in ground and first floor already operating in the building, the second and third floor were being constructed.
Today the rescue workers pulled out a 24-year-old man who was struck under the debris for over 72 hours but was given water and oxygen pipes from the rescue team. He was rescued after a hole was bored and the young man taken out. He was working in the JD(S) office located in the ill fated building, Fire Force officials said. (UNI)