Kuwait City, June 3 : Kuwait has confirmed 877 new cases of the COVID-19, raising the country's infection tally to 28,649, the Kuwaiti news agency KUNA reported on Wednesday.
The Ministry of Health also announced six new deaths from COVID-19, bringing the total such fatalities in the country to 226. All the new cases were in contact with previously infected people or are being investigated for sources of infection, the Health Ministry's spokesman Dr Abdullah Al Sanad said in a media update.
There are 187 patients receiving intensive care treatment, according to the official. He said that 499 people have left institutional quarantine centres over the past 24 hours and will have to spend at least 14 days in home isolation. (UNI)