Beijing, May 24 : Chinese health authority said Sunday that it received reports of three new confirmed COVID-19 cases since Saturday, of which two were imported. No deaths related to the disease were reported Saturday, according to the commission. The domestically transmitted case was reported in Jilin Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report.
One of the new imported cases was reported in Shanghai and the other in Guangdong Province, the commission said, adding that three new imported suspected cases were reported in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region. On Saturday, three people were discharged from hospitals after recovery, while the number of severe cases decreased by one to eight, Xinhua said in a report. As of Saturday, a total of 82,974 confirmed COVID-19 cases had been reported on the mainland, and 4,634 people have died of the disease.
Altogether 78,261 patients had been cured and discharged from hospitals by the end of Saturday, the report said, adding that there were 79 patients still being treated. According to the commission, 5,154 close contacts were still under medical observation after 280 people were discharged from medical observation Saturday. By Saturday, 1,065 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR), 45 confirmed cases in the Macao SAR, and 441 in Taiwan including seven deaths. A total of 1,029 patients in Hong Kong, 45 in Macau, and 411 in Taiwan had been discharged from hospitals after recovery. (UNI)