Kuwait City, Apr 22: Kuwait on Wednesday reported 168 cases of COVID-19 and 2 more deaths, bringing the total infections to 2,248 and death toll to 13, the Health Ministry said in a statement. A total of 145 cases were those who had contact with infected patients, it said, adding that the cause of the infection for the other 17 is still under investigation.
The new death cases are two Indian residents who were in ICU, it added. So far, 1,792 patients are receiving treatment, including 50 in ICU, according to the statement. Meanwhile, Health Minister Bassel Al-Sabah announced the recovery of 31 patients from the COVID-19, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 443, Xinhua reported.
On April 4, Kuwait reported the first death case of COVID-19. The Kuwaiti government has imposed a nationwide curfew to contain the spread of the COVID-19. (UNI)