After US President calling the coronavirus as ‘China virus’, the twitter war on coronavirus continues between the US and Chinese officials.
"Since early January, the CCP has retaliated against its citizens and journalists in China for making information public, launched disinformation campaigns around the world, and limited the international community's access to valuable public health information," the National Security Council of the White House tweeted.
On March 20, Morgan Ortagus, spokesperson of the US State Department, tweeted, "By Jan. 3, Chinese authorities had already ordered #COVID19 virus samples destroyed, silenced Wuhan doctors, and censored public concerns online. @SpokespersonCHN is right: This is a timeline the world must absolutely scrutinize."
Responding to the tweet, Hua Chunying, spokesperson of the Chinese Foreign Ministry, said “China has been updating the US on coronavirus and its response since January 3. On January 15, the US State Department notified Americans in China about the US Centre for Disease Control's warning against the coronavirus. "And now blame China for Delay? Seriously," she said.
Hua Chunying continues attack on US saying: “On Mar. 13 three leading Chinese experts held a video conference with over 300 US scientists & specialists to share experience on #COVID19. The know-how they shared will help save lives in the US. Virus is the REAL enemy! Cooperation is the only right way to win the battle,”
China, Hua tweeted, has treated COVID 19 as highly pathogenic virus according to the law on prevention and treatment of infectious diseases.
"As WHO stated, China identified the pathogen in a record short time and shared genetic sequence with the world, which helped others with epidemic response," she said.
However, Ortagus denied her remarks.
"Nonsense. You call it 'highly pathogenic' now, but last month your officials blocked a WHO report from calling COVID19 a 'dangerous pathogen'," she said, tagging a link of a 'Financial Times' article on the topic to buttress her argument.