Kabul, Jul 25 : At least 11 people were killed and 45 were wounded in three explosions in Kabul on Thursday, the Ministry of Public Health confirmed.
The first blast happened when a suicide bomber on a motorbike targeted a bus carrying employees of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum in Macrorayan-e-Kohna area in the city of Kabul on Thursday morning, killing eight employees including five women and a child and wounding 16 others, a spokesman for the Ministry of Interior, Nusrat Rahimi, said.
'First, a magnetic bomb embedded to a bus exploded, then a suicide bomber detonated his explosives near the bus,' Rahimi said, adding that the third blast was a car bombing near the industrial park in PD9 of Kabul.
Taliban claimed responsibility for the third blast and claimed that they targeted a convoy of the foreign troops.
This comes as six women and a child were killed in a roadside mine blast in eastern Nangarhar province and four others were wounded.
The blast happened while the women wanted to participate at the wedding party in Khogyani district of the province.
US Ambassador to Kabul John Bass condemned the explosions and said, "The perpetrators demonstrated a heinous disregard for the sanctity of human life, democratic values and Afghanistan’s future."
On July 15, a senior official of Afghanistan Independent Human Rights Commission (AIHRC) said that 596 civilians were killed, and 1,892 wounded in clashes between government forces and the Taliban and other attacks by militants in Afghanistan since the beginning of the current solar year which coincides with March 21, 2019.
The UN Assistance Mission in Afghanistan said in a quarterly report on April 24 that it has documented high levels of harm to civilians but adds that there has been a 23 per cent decrease in overall civilian casualties as compared to the same period last year and is the lowest for a first-quarter since 2013.(UNI)