pennews
www.pennews.net
Death toll in bomb blast at wedding in Eastern Afghanistan rises to 6
International

Death toll in bomb blast at wedding in Eastern Afghanistan rises to 6

Agency News

Kabul, Jul 12 : The number of people who were killed on Friday morning in a bomb blast at a wedding ceremony in the eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar has increased to six, Attaullah Khogyani, a spokesman for the provincial governor said.

Earlier in the day, Khogyani said that the death toll stood at four people, while the number of those injured exceeded 40 people.

"Six people were killed and a dozen more were wounded, local health officials previously reported a much higher number of injured people," the spokesman said.

Local media reported that the bombing attack might have been perpetrated by a minor.

The attack took place in the province's Pachir Aw Agam district.

No militant group has so far claimed responsibility for the deadly blast, but IS-K, which is the local branch of the Islamic State terrorist organization (banned in Russia), and the Taliban are known to be operating in the province.

Meanwhile, Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid said later on Friday that the radical movement had nothing to do with the attack. (UNI)