Yerevan, Mar 13: The Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) said here Wednesday that the organization will do everything to help find a solution to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
At a joint press conference with Armenian Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan in Yerevan, Miroslav Lajcak, chairman-in-office of the OSCE, affirmed the progress made for the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and vowed to step up all efforts to promote a peaceful settlement of the issue.
"I am convinced that all this will promote the implementation of a multilateral process of seeking a peaceful settlement of the conflict," said Lajcak, stressing that though challenges lie ahead, there is every reason to give a positive impetus to the process.
The head of the OSCE also said that any change in the negotiation format for the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict must be acceptable to all sides.
"I think we have spent enough time for discussing these issues, and I am confident that the Armenian government has the right formula for the continuation of negotiations in the existing format," he said.
For his part, Mnatsakanyan said that Armenia is ready to cooperate with the OSCE to promote dialogue over urgent issues of the organization's agenda at all platforms.
Lajcak, who is also Slovak foreign minister, started his two-day working visit to Armenia on Tuesday. Last week, he concluded his visit to Azerbaijan to mediate the decade-long Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Armenia and Azerbaijan have been at loggerheads over the mountainous region of Nagorno-Karabakh since 1988. Peace talks have been held since 1994 when a ceasefire was reached, but there have been occasional minor clashes in the past along the borders.