The government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan has decided to convert a historic fort built by a Sikh commander into a museum.
The fort in Haripur district was named after Hari Singh Nalwa, the commander-in-chief of the Sikh Khalsa Army, the army of the Ranjit Singh's Sikh Empire. The fort was built by Nalwa in 1822 over an area of 35,420 square feet. Nalwa was Commander-in-Chief of the Sikh Khalsa Army, the army of the Empire.
The archaeology department of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa sent a note to the Chief Minister, Mr. Mehmood Khan, for taking control of the fort and its opening for the tourists. The Haripur district administration has expressed readiness to hand over the fort to the archaeology department.
The Britishers had also carried out some construction work in the fort.