New Delhi, Oct 23: India on Tuesday summoned a Pakistan High Commission official and lodged a strong protest over loss of lives of its soldiers during an infiltration bid by Paksitani terrorists in Sunderbani sector of Jammu and Kashmir last week.
'It was informed that two Pakistani armed intruders have been killed by the Indian security forces during the ensuing firefight and the Government of Pakistan take custody of the dead bodies of its nationals,' the External Affairs Ministry said in a statement.
Pakistan was asked to abide by its bilateral commitment of not allowing any territory under its control to be used to support terrorism against India in any manner, it added.
The Ministry condemned in the strongest terms such provocative action by Pakistan, which reveals their complicity in aiding and abetting terrorism and exposes the hollowness of Pakistan’s deceitful claims to promote constructive engagement and desire for peace, it added.
The Pakistani official also was informed about India’s grave concern over the continuing incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Pakistan forces along the Line of Control (LoC) and the International Border (IB).
The statement added, 'Despite repeated calls for restraint and adherence to the ceasefire understanding of 2003 for maintaining peace and tranquillity, Pakistani forces have carried out 1,591 incidents of unprovoked ceasefire violations along the LoC and IB in 2018 so far," the MEA said. (UNI)