SC nominee Kavanaugh denies two additional accusations
International

SC nominee Kavanaugh denies two additional accusations

Agency News

Washington, Sep 27: Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has denied about two new allegations against him to the Senate Judiciary Committee, according to a transcript of a conference call released by the committee.

In the transcript released on Wednesday, Kavanaugh denied an allegation that he had assaulted a woman he was dating in 1998 while working for independent counsel Ken Starr that investigators said stemmed from an anonymous complaint sent to Colorado GOP Sen Cory Gardner, according to CNN.

"No, and we're dealing with an anonymous letter about an anonymous person and an anonymous friend," Kavanaugh said. "It's ridiculous. Total Twilight Zone. And no, I've never done anything like that."

Kavanaugh then was asked about, and categorically denied, an allegation made by a Rhode Island man -- whose name was redacted from the transcript -- raised in a call to Rhode Island Democratic Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse's office "concerning a rape on a boat in August of 1985."

Kavanaugh has denied three other allegations against him, all involving women who have come forward publicly. At one point, far along into the call, Kavanaugh said he was facing a "smear campaign" and suggested newly revealed allegations were "just absurd and outrageous, coordinated perhaps."

Thursday, Kavanaugh is set to testify in a hearing that will also feature Christine Blasey Ford, a California professor who has said he sexually assaulted her while he was drunk at a party in their high school years.

Last year, Trump used the derogative nickname of "rocket man" for Kim and called the DPRK regime a "band of criminals." This year, Trump thanked Kim for his courage in taking recent diplomatic steps, Xinhua added.

Comparing the two speeches is a reminder of how much the Korean Peninsula issue has changed in a year, Ferrier said (UNI)

pennews
www.pennews.net