Kangra, Feb 21: Property worth lakhs of rupees was gutted in a devastating fire which broke out in a handloom shop near old bus stand at Nagrota Bagwan on Thursday, police said here.
Nagrota Bagwan police told UNI that fire broke out in a handloom shop ‘ Sunil Handloom’ in Pathshala gali near old bus stand at Nagrota Bagwan this morning.
Police said property worth Rs 15 lakhs was destroyed in the fire.
A passerby informed the local MLA Arun Mehra about the fire who called police and fire brigade and also rushed to the spot with his supporters.
The fire brigade controlled the flames and saved other shops from being gutted.
Police said the cause of fire was said to be short circuit.
MLA Mehra assured the victim of all possible help from the government. (UNI)