Panaji, March 18 : Minutes after Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane confirmed first confirmed case of COVID-19 on Wednesday, he flip-flopped his statement saying his ministry had becone victim of a mischievous hoax. "It was hoax news. People should not be doing such a hoax. People should not be doing this. Calling the hospital and saying the call is from a notified lab (is wrong). The final report is not yet come. We are waiting for the report," he said.
"We are trying to locate the number, of the person who tried to create panic in Goa," Mr Rane said. Earlier, the Health Minister had said in statement that a Norwegian national, with a travel history to Delhi, Agra, Assam and Meghalaya was the first confirmed coronavirus case reported in the coastal state. He had said that Goa Government was taking all precautions that were required. " The patient was had been detected positive was a Norwegian national. He had left his country on February 6 and had come to Goa on February 20, 2020.
He developed cough on March 10, 2020, and was a suspect case for the virus, he said. Mr Rane said the patient was quarantined at Goa Medical College (GMC) and Hospital and all necessary measures were being taken. (UNI)