Vet doc’s rape: DCW issues notice to police

Vet doc’s rape: DCW issues notice to police

Agency News

New Delhi, Nov 30: Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Swati Maliwal on Saturday issued notice to police, over its personnel allegedly misbehaving with Anu Dubey, who was protesting near Parliament over atrocities against women.

In a letter to Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Delhi Police, the DCW took cognisance of complaint from Ms Dubey who alleged gross misbehaviour, harassment and violence by Delhi Police personnel from Parliament Street Police Station. 'Ms Dubey has informed that she was silently and singularly protesting the horrific rape, burning and murder of a 27-year-old doctor in Hyderabad. She was simply standing with a placard in front of Parliament when some police personnel forcibly removed her and took her to PS Parliament street. She has alleged that HC Kuldip and HC Manju and one more officer misbehaved with her, hit her and threathened her. She was allegedly thrown on a bed where three women police officers sat over her and beat her. She also had scratch marks on her body and blood was also coming out from her wounds. She has submitted a complaint in this regard to the PS Parliament Street. This is a very serious matter,' the DCW chairperson said.

Ms Maliwal asked DCP to provide the following information to the Commission : Whether an FIR has been registered against the accused police personnel for beating the girl? If yes, please provide the copy of the same. If not, please provide the reasons for the same. Reasons for removing the girl from the site, even though she was alone and sitting quietly. Details of officials responsible for misbehaviour with the girl and the action taken against them. Detailed action taken report in the matter. 'Please provide the information to the Commission latest by December 4,' she added.

Anu was holding a placard with a slogan 'why I can't feel safe in my own Bharat' while sitting on the pavement near Parliament gate number 2-3 today morning. She was asked to go to Jantar Mantar to continue her protest, but when she refused, she was taken to the Parliament Street Police Station in a police vehicle. (UNI)