pennews
www.pennews.net
 Giant elephant dies due to electrocution in Chittoor
Andhra Pradesh

Giant elephant dies due to electrocution in Chittoor

Agency News

Chittoor, Jul 21 : A giant elephant died due to electrocution near Gobbilla Kooturu village in Palamaner constituency, late on Saturday night.

The nearby villagers have been thronging to see the deceased big elephant and they immediately informed to the Forest Department staff over phone.

According to Forest Department Officials, the elephant might reach to a transformer located in field belonged to farmer Subramanyam in search of grazing and would die after coming into contact with live wire of the transformer.

The carcass of the elephant was shifted to SV Zoo Park in Tirupati for postmortem and it was buried in the zoo area after autopsy.(UNI)